Whose Planet Is It Anyway?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spreading Some Love Around

Lindsay at Autist's Corner gave me a blog award with this very cute "I love your blog" graphic.





Now I am supposed to pass it on to seven other blogs. So, here goes...

Bev at Asperger Square 8 has not been blogging much lately because she is busy with graduate school and a research project, but her wonderfully illustrated and often wickedly funny posts are always eagerly anticipated.

Although The Joy of Autism is currently closed for renovation, I think Estee deserves some love anyway. I'm looking forward to the return of her careful and critical analysis of disability issues.

Also, I'm passing on the award to Athena, Ivan, and the Integral. This is another blog that hasn't been very busy lately (everyone seems to have a lot going on in real life lately) but often has interesting perspectives on a wide variety of topics.

The thought-provoking posts on Ed's Blog frame autistic advocacy in the historical context of oppressed minorities and class struggles.

Reports from a Resident Alien is a mix of posts about daily life and college experiences, general useful advice for autistic adults, and commentary on autism politics. Well worth reading.

Another excellent blog is Life With Joey, which is a mom's diary of her life with her two kids and also addresses autism and disability rights issues. Even when I don't agree with her, I'm always given something more to think about.

In Maternal Instincts, which is subtitled "Flying by the Seat of My Pants," Niksmom describes her experiences raising a young autistic child who has had many health issues. She posts lovely pictures and always brims over with optimism.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home