Whose Planet Is It Anyway?

Monday, April 16, 2007

Just mailed my taxes...

...and you know what, I'm getting really fed up with all the people I'm supporting with my tax money who aren't contributing a damn thing to society that's of any use to me. They're sucking up my money from the tax trough like so many oinking and snuffling swine, and the only thing they're giving me in return is a lot of grief.

Who are these useless leeches? Well, guess what, this post has a different cast of villains than some (ignorant) people might have been expecting to find. At the top of my list, there are the politicians who pander to bigotry and mass hysteria by spouting contrived statistics while claiming that everyone would be better off in a world without autistic people. Somebody really needs to explain to these clowns, in simple little words they can understand, that autistic citizens' taxes are paying their salaries too, and our money is just as green as every other taxpayer's money.

And how about the eugenics researchers who are happily munching on all those tasty grants from the National Institutes of Health that fund their autism genetic studies to develop a prenatal screening test? That's my tax money being spent for their genocidal schemes, too.

As for my local taxes, that money is paying for schools that children from families like mine often can't attend, at least not without being stigmatized as "disordered" and put into segregated classes.

Hardworking autistic taxpayers are being unfairly burdened by having our money spent on worthless bigoted garbage, instead of a decent and respectful education for our kids. Our society is being overwhelmed by a costly epidemic of ignorant prejudice, and we need a cure for it NOW.

I'd love to see an autistic economist do a detailed analysis of the cost of neuro-bigotry to our economy. (To any readers who are knowledgeable about economics, if you decide to write and post an article like that on your blog, let me know, and I'll give you a link from my site.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Maybe someone could get in contact with Vernon Smith... he's a Nobel-winning economist who's 'come out' as autistic.

    By Blogger codeman38, at 1:21 PM  

  • Excellent post abfh. I wonder what JB pays in personal US income taxes to the US Govt? Likely nothing or very little.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

  • I think I'd like to make enough money to start a foundation that funds research into educational methods for disabled kids. Not even just autistic kids. Something that would look into the needs of kids to facilitate learning, what kinds of methods work for what kinds of people (have a visual learner? Try using sign language when lecturing, etc.) I'd like teachers and schools to have a "toolkit" of learning methods and interventions, of solutions to learning problems, which can be accessed without sticking kids into pigeonholes. I want to make enough money to put forward scientific, peer-reviewed research about individualing education, and the benefits of one-on-one interventions.

    So far, I'm not getting much money in the till, OT is $100 an hour. :P

    By Blogger Joeymom, at 8:58 PM  

  • I just paid my taxes too. I fall into the category of having an incmoe so low, I got back almost everything I paid - but I'm not sure if that's better :-/

    By Blogger Chasmatazz, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home