Whose Planet Is It Anyway?

Friday, July 13, 2007

The 8 Random Things Meme

I was tagged by Joey's Mom for a meme listing 8 random things about me.

The rules:

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.


Memes are always fun, so here goes...

1. When ladybugs get into my house, I carefully put them outside. If I see a cockroach, though, it's going to have a close encounter with a shoe. I guess I'm prejudiced when it comes to bugs.

2. I always keep my fingernails cut very short. It's annoying when fingernails break, and I don't like the way they feel when they start to get long.

3. My work computer has a fuzzy little bear and a fuzzy little elephant decorating the top of the monitor.

4. I think it would be cool if a lot of people decided to become cyborgs in the future. Yay for more diversity of the human species.

5. My house faces north, which is supposed to be bad luck in feng shui (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) because it makes one's view of the world darker and gloomier when going out the front door. I prefer north-facing houses, though, because I like having all the light and energy and activity toward the back of my house, in my own private space. I'm pretty sure feng shui was not invented by autistics (although we certainly could use our own version of it; maybe I'll write a post on that sometime).

6. I often write blog posts by hand and then type them into the computer later. Primitive, I know, but I like the feel of pen and paper. Besides, a keyboard has no clip to fidget with.

7. I got adventurous yesterday and tried a new food for lunch, a Honey BBQ Chicken SuperMelt Sandwich at a Friendly's restaurant. It tasted pretty good, although it was messy. Someone needs to explain to restaurant managers who buy cheap, flimsy paper napkins that they're not really saving any money if customers end up having to use 10 times as many napkins.

8. Last year, a cute little innocent-looking wild daisy grew in my garden, and I didn't pull it out. Big mistake. This year, my garden was overrun with daisies that grew from its seeds. I'll know better from now on.


I'm tagging elmindreda, Suzanne, Chasmatazz, A Bishop's Wife, unashamed, mumkeepingsane, Aspie Dad, and Bev (yes, I know Bev often posts lists of 8 things even without being tagged, but it wouldn't be right to leave her out of any meme with the number 8 in it!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • "Buildings should be oriented to the cardinal directions for best and harmonious influence, with doors only to East and North. Doors to the South should be avoided at all cost." This is a Vedic/transcendental meditation belief. So you can pick and choose your Eastern philosophy to follow, or make up your own, as you mentioned. Reminds me of this question. Do Arabic dyslexic kids read from left to right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • Thanks for including me... i think. I didn't do it right, but I did it.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:06 AM  

  • Sorry, off topic. Feel free to remove. I don't have your email address so this is the only way I can send you a message. See this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1avUuFQcMP8

    By Blogger Christschool, at 9:43 PM  

  • Thanks for tagging me. I'm looking forward to taking up the meme at a time when I'm able to.

    By Blogger Chasmatazz, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home