Whose Planet Is It Anyway?

Thursday, October 11, 2007

When Curebies Cry

I have had Prince's song "When Doves Cry" stuck in my head for about the past two weeks. Although I generally like Prince's music, it is starting to get seriously annoying. So I decided to turn the song into a commentary on something that is a lot more annoying—curebies and their nasty schemes to take advantage of unsuspecting families.


WHEN CUREBIES CRY

Imagine a sick, twisted world
Where many children are treated like s---
Spoken of as soulless animals
In your worst nightmares
Can you picture it?

Schemers are open for business
An ocean of quackery in bloom
Crackpots peddle curious potions
They smell the cash
The profits from selling doom

How come they can't get their story straight
When they say autistic kids are half dead?
Maybe it's pollution they say to hate
Maybe it's those evil vaccines instead
Maybe it's Refrigerator Mother
There's always another lie
Who cares if they contradict each other
This is what it sounds like
When curebies cry

Take out a second mortgage
Buying the miracle cure
You've got to do whatever they say
Or your kid's hopeless
A burden to endure

How can they have so little decency?
They're roaming the world in packs
Maybe if they're clever, you won't see
That they are just a bunch of liars and quacks
It doesn't take many crocodile tears
To look like a caring guy
They want to prey on your worst fears
Hang on to your wallet
When curebies cry...

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • Fantatic! Love it! Very clever!

    Can i share a rap i made up with you? Similar subject!

    Autistic Rap

    My mum misses me, my family dissess me.
    Society dehumanises me. Despises me. Criticize me.
    They are fossilized. I do not apologise.

    I am ridiculed, violated, bullied. Ignored.
    I am stared at, laughed at spat at.
    What have I done to you? I mind my own business.
    I do not listen. I do not see or give you the third degree.
    I am holistic, simplistic certainly not materialistic.

    My disability is your prejudice, systemic injustice.
    Your presumptions and assumptions.
    Intolerance of my difference.
    Your misperception I take objection.

    I am not a disorder, im not a symptom. Its not catching.
    Im not a label or a vegetable or a crystal angel.
    Im not a lost soul or out of control.
    Im not from outer space, or a charity case.
    I am suppressed not possessed.
    Institution is not a solution.

    I don’t have a condition, im not an exhibition.
    Im not an artist or a musician, or on a hostile expedition.
    Maybe I will become a politician.

    Im not an Einstein or like Rain man.
    Im not Pinocchio or Peter pan.
    Im not ill, I don’t want your pills
    Or your out of date text book skills.

    Im not a zoo exhibition or a freak show,
    Im a feeling human from head to toe.
    I can get lost in the worlds beauty
    So don’t make me fit in your reality.
    Why should I conform
    To what you think is the norm

    Like a Big Brother contestant
    All we want is acceptance.
    The world loves Happyfeet Nemo and Shrek
    So should I paint my face green and be on Star Trek?

    I create employment and opportunity,
    I educate the world in diversity.
    You cant bleed the devil out of me,
    People like me have influenced history.
    You need me.


    So don’t cure me.
    Don’t pity me just let me be.

    By Blogger Casdok, at 11:17 AM  

  • That's really good, and Casdok's rap too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • Great rap, Casdok! Are you a musician, or do you know anyone who could perform it? I'd love to see original autistic pride songs like yours on YouTube.

    And thanks for the compliment, Joseph!

    By Blogger abfh, at 12:10 PM  

  • Thank you! I have found some one who has offered to put it to music. So will keep you posted.
    Or if anyone reading this can do it, please get in touch!

    By Blogger Casdok, at 12:35 PM  

  • I sometimes think that if only I was a tad less ethical I could really clean up peddling false hope of cures to parents.

    Unfortunately I still have a social conscience, as well as a belief in divine retribution.

    Joe

    By Blogger Club 166, at 3:39 PM  

  • Excellent lyrics abfh, and Casdok's rap is great, too!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 5:38 PM  

  • Wow. That is amazing. I can relate since I have had so many things pushed on us. A few, early on I actually fell for. I hate thinking about that now.

    By Blogger Marla , at 9:48 PM  

  • That Prince tune is a doozie to have looping around inside one's brain, with it's unrelenting beat. I think ABFH has borrowed the idea of writing satrircal lyrics to fit a well-known pop tune from Mad magazine.

    By Blogger Lili Marlene, at 9:28 AM  

  • Lili Marlene, I'm not sure where I first saw satirical pop music lyrics. I did read Mad magazine occasionally when I was a kid, so it's possible you may be right.

    By Blogger abfh, at 12:04 PM  

  • Gee. Thanks.

    Now animals are going to strike curious poses in my head for a week.

    By Blogger bigwhitehat, at 2:33 PM  

  • Big White Hat, my deepest apologies! I hope the animals will move on soon!

    By Blogger abfh, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home